Dr. Anupama Mane – Breast Cancer Treatment in Pune
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in India. Most cases occur in women over the age of 50 but breast cancer can occur in younger women. If you notice any lump or change to your normal breast then you should see a doctor promptly. And Consult with your Doctor who provides Best Breast Cancer treatment. If breast cancer is diagnosed at an early stage, there is a good chance of a cure. In general, the more advanced the cancer (the more it has grown and spread), the less chance that treatment will be curative.
Symptoms of breast cancer
Other symptoms which may be noticed in the affected breast include:
- Changes in the size or shape of a breast.
- Dimpling or thickening of some of the skin on a part of a breast.
- The nipple turning in (becoming inverted).
- Rarely, a discharge occurring from a nipple (which may be bloodstained).
- A rare type of breast cancer, causing a rash around the nipple, which can look similar to a small patch of eczema.
- Rarely, pain in a breast. Note: pain is not a usual early symptom. Many women develop painful breasts (mastalgia) and this is not usually caused by cancer.
How is breast cancer diagnosed?
If you develop a lump or symptoms which may be breast cancer, a doctor will usually examine your breasts and armpits to look for any lumps or other changes. You will normally be referred to a specialist. Sometimes a biopsy of an obvious lump (see below) is arranged, but other tests may be done first such as:
- Mammogram. This is a special X-ray of the breast tissue.
- Ultrasound scan of the breast.
- MRI scan of the breast. This is more commonly performed on younger women, who may have denser breast tissue.