Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction, also called reduction mammoplasty is designed to make your breasts smaller and firmer, and to relieve the physical discomfort often associated with very large breasts.
If you are considering breast reduction, you need to be thoroughly informed about the procedure. Reading this is the first step. A confidential consultation with a surgeon is the best way to obtain the additional information you will need.
Following breast reduction your breasts will be more proportional to the rest of your body and clothes will fit better.
You may be a good candidate for this procedure if you have one or more of the following conditions:
- Breasts that are too large in proportion to your body frame
- Heavy, pendulous breasts with nipples that point downwards
- One breast that is much larger than the other
- Back, neck or shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- Skin irritation beneath your breasts
- Indentations in your shoulders from tight bra straps
- Restrictions of physical activity due to the size and weight or your breasts
- Self-conciousness about the size of your breasts